Cold Tea Collective’s fall 2019 editorial theme is business and entrepreneurship. The Entrepreneur Series features stories from business founders in various industries across our editorial and podcast content, as well as a live event in our hometown, Vancouver, Canada.
Throughout this theme, we’ll learn about how these founders saw a problem that needed to be solved, how they did it, and what their learnings were along the way. We also share about how their Asian heritage and identity shaped the way they approach business. We hope our Collective is inspired by their stories.
The Entrepreneur Series – Vancouver Event – September 23, 2019
Thank you to our speakers:
- Bob Wang, Founder of Legacy Advantage, now ctrl by Deloitte
- Matt Murtagh-Wu, Founder of The Dumpling King
- Vivian McCormick, Co-Founder of Flax Sleep
- Sonia Chhinji, Co-Founder of Woodlot
Special thank you to our friends at Vancitypreneur for their support with The Entrepreneur Series event and videos. Vancitypreneur is a community chapter within Vancity HUB that brings together entrepreneurs of Vancouver to connect and support one another. Vancitypreneur hosts meetups, events, and facilitates an online community featuring local businesses.
Read other business and entrepreneurship stories:
- Why I quit my job to create an ‘actually slim fit’ shirt for Asian American men
- Six things we learned starting a company as Asian American founders
- Backcountry Wok is bringing Asian cooking to the great outdoors
- Courtney Chew makes waves in the fashion industry
Be sure to check back to coldteacollective.com, social platforms, and our Pearls of Wisdom Podcast on iTunes, Spotify and Google Play.
Making Asian American media
We believe that our stories matter – and we hope you do too. Support us with a monthly contribution to help ensure stories for us and by us are here to stay.