From Asian health tips to personal health stories, from spiritual wellness to mental health, the ideas are endless. Our stories on the theme of health and wellness will focus on relationships and family, health foods and products, life balance and rhythms, and stories of Asian millennials who make an impact in the wellness space.
In addition to sharing stories, we are inviting our Vancouver collective to join for a unique experience to awaken both the body and mind with a dance fitness class, followed by an engaging panel discussion with experts in the health and wellness space.
The Wellness Series – Vancouver Event – March 14, 2020
Saturday March 14, 2020
Formation Studio – 16 E 5th Ave, Vancouver, BC V5T 1G8
$35 | Limited spots available
What does it mean to live well? That is the question that Cold Tea Collective is exploring from the lens of Asian millennials who are leaders in their respective industries. Join us as we gather for a unique experience to exercise our bodies and minds to build a stronger connection with the self at Formation Studio. No dance experience necessary!
What to expect:
- 30-minute Freedom dance workout led by Formation Studio
- Light snacks, beverages and networking
- Panel discussion from inspiring Asian industry leaders in the health and wellness space
- Q&A and meaningful conversations
- Roman Magbanua, Co-Founder & Co-Owner of Formation Studio
- Saschie MacLean-Magbanua, Co-Founder & Co-Owner of Formation Studio
- Francis Arevalo, Rapper, Producer, Mental Health Advocate
- Moderated by Natasha Jung, Founder & Executive Producer of Cold Tea Collective
This event will have a limited capacity. Please arrive 10-15 minutes before class to get settled into the space. No late entries. Please bring your own waterbottle and wear non-marking shoes for the class. Turnaround time between the class and the panel discussion will be limited, so don’t worry too much about washing up after our work out. Please note that the registration link will direct you to register on Formation Studio’s website where you may have to create an account before registering for the class if you do not already have an account with Formation Studio.
To sponsor our event, please contact Kendal Feider at firstname.lastname@example.org
Huge thanks to Herschel Supply Co.
A huge thank you to Herschel Supply Co. for providing all event attendees a special gift, valued at $99 CAD. Special gift only available for event attendees.
Read other health and wellness stories:
- Mental health support for the Asian Canadian community and beyond
- How to apply yoga into your everyday life
- Indigenous Filipino Healing Practices
- From losing a friend to seeking the courage to find help
- Mental health: The inspiration behind Dina Calligraphy
- From personal to popular: The Westernization of traditional Chinese medicine
- Learning to enjoy the sport of table tennis after ‘Asian’ style parenting
Share your story
If you are an individual who has a story or perspective you’d like to share about health and wellness, please email our Editor in Chief, Tim Lam, at email@example.com.
If you’re a business who would like to support this editorial theme by way of content, products, services, or other form of collaboration, please contact Natasha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Making Asian American media
We believe that our stories matter – and we hope you do too. Support us with a monthly contribution to help ensure stories for us and by us are here to stay.