Join Our Team!
Role and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a superstar editor, whose main focus will be on developing and editing our personal stories section on Cold Tea Collective. These stories are written by new and seasoned writers to share their experiences and views. This role is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to strengthen their editing, storytelling, and coaching skills in working with other writers. Some of the responsibilities include the following:
- Participate in Content Team meetings twice a month on overall content strategy and planning and other meetings as needed
- Review pitches, facilitate story development, review and approve final stories before uploading to WordPress, then doing final approval on WordPress before publishing
- Editorial calendar management (we use Asana to keep our publication dates on track)
- Collaboration with Editor-In-Chief and Social Media Coordinator to ensure coordinated and timely publication
- Recruit and onboard new personal story contributors on ongoing basis
- Time commitment is 5-10 hours/week
- Previous writing and editing experience is required
- Previous journalism experience an asset
- Previous coaching and team leadership experience an asset
- Professionalism and tact in providing feedback and guidance for our contributors
How You Can Get Involved:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org Feel free to pose any questions you’d like to discuss in advance. We look forward to hearing from you! Deadline for applications is April 30th, 2019.
What is Cold Tea Collective?
Cold Tea Collective is a new media platform, sharing the real stories, perspectives, and experiences of North American Asian millennials (ages 25-34). We are passionate about providing Asian millennials with a platform to better understand and connect with themselves and the world around them. We tell it from the heart, dig deeper for the truth in every story, and strive to create the best quality content and conversation. Cold Tea Collective is a place for us, by us.
We’re not afraid to stay true to who we are and to tell it like we want to. We strive for the best quality in our creation of content and conversation. We never take things for face value; we always dig deeper.
Making Asian American media
We believe that our stories matter – and we hope you do too. Support us with a monthly contribution to help ensure stories for us and by us are here to stay.