About Cold Tea Collective
Cold Tea Collective is a media platform to share stories, news, and perspectives of the next generation of the North American Asian disapora. We are passionate about providing Asian millennials with a platform to better understand and connect with themselves and the world around them.
We have a team of creatives and marketers across North America, including Vancouver, Montreal, Chicago, New York and Los Angeles.
We tell it from the heart, dig deeper for the truth, and strive to create the best quality content and conversation. Cold Tea Collective is a place for us, by us.
About the Role
We are looking for a volunteer Digital Coordinator to help grow, refine, and execute on our digital projects and reporting.
The Digital Coordinator will help grow our newsletter subscriber-base, increase returning visitors to our website, report on our progress and making recommendations for how we can better hit our targets. You’ll also work closely with our web developers, graphic designer, and editors on ensuring our website are being used in the most optimal way.
You’ll manage digital projects including our email newsletter, site design, layout, UX, pop-up forms, site optimization, podcast uploading and administration, and more.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to strengthen their digital leadership and project coordination skills, while growing with a driven team of Asian storytellers.
- Collaboratively develop and execute on web traffic growth strategy and plan, increasing subscriber-base, returning visitors and reporting on our progress, and making recommendations for improvement
- Share and execute on platform-specific and industry-accepted best practices in digital marketing
- Actively participate in our team Slack channels, and Asana (our project management tool of choice) to ensure timely communication and production
- Participate in Core Team meetings once a month (and smaller team meetings as needed)
- Time commitment is five to 10 hours per week for a minimum commitment of one year
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of WordPress, MailChimp, Google Analytics
- Experience using (or are willing to learn) Asana, Google Docs, Podbean, iTunes, Spotify
- Experience in managing Google AdSense considered an asset
- You’re an organized, detail-oriented and deadline-driven project coordinator who is always looking ahead to ensure they have all the pieces of the puzzle before hitting “go live”
- You’re a data nerd and you’re not afraid to flex when it comes to your insightful reporting
- You’re a superb communicator when it comes to deadlines and working with a team
- You are a stellar problem-solver who shows initiative in improving the overall digital experience for our audience
- An interest in Asian-related issues and stories
How to Apply
Please email resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
We’re not afraid to stay true to who we are and to tell it like we want to. We strive for the best quality in our creation of content and conversation. We never take things for face value; we always dig deeper.
Making Asian American media
We believe that our stories matter – and we hope you do too. Support us with a monthly contribution to help ensure stories for us and by us are here to stay.