What is Cold Tea Collective?
Cold Tea Collective is a media platform to share stories, news, and perspectives of the North American Asian diaspora. We are passionate about providing Asian millennials with a platform to better understand and connect with themselves and the world around them. We tell it from the heart, dig deeper for the truth, and strive to create the best quality content and conversation. Cold Tea Collective is a place for us, by us.
We are looking for a superstar Social Media Manager (SMM), whose main focus will be on the growth and engagement of our social audience for Cold Tea Collective with a well-planned and executed social strategy on platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, occasionally on YouTube.
The SMM will achieve this by writing, scheduling and posting original and curated content. The SMM will also stay on top of social engagement tactics to help nurture our loyal audience.
The SMM will also report on the success of their efforts monthly, quarterly, and annually, against the goals they have set at the beginning of their time with us.
The SMM will be an active participant in the operations, marketing, and editorial teams. They will be an integral part in helping us reach (and hopefully surpass) our goal of 10,000 followers across all platforms in 2022.
The SMM will sometimes also get the opportunity to work with external partners for contest giveaways, fundraising initiatives, and also participate in the programs we are involved in with the Google News Initiative and Indiegraf. Internally, this role will work closely with a Social Staff Writer, and Social Editor. Occasional collaboration with Graphic Designer, Digital Coordinator and Digital Marketing Manager, our founder, and editorial team will be expected as well.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has experience in managing social media, building strategy, reporting on our success, and wants to contribute creatively to a growing independent media outlet.
- Plan content calendar based on publication schedule to drive traffic to published posts
- Write and post social media posts for all platforms (You will have the support of a social editor)
- Develops platform growth strategies for each platform and develops workflow, schedule and tactics to accomplish those goals
- Actively curate UGC content and keep an eye out for timely matters that we should comment on/re-share
- Manage communities and respond to comments to drive audience engagement and growth
- Collaborate with Social Staff Writer, Social Editor, Founder, Graphic Designer, and other members of editorial team and external partners
- Administer social media contests as applicable
- Creating and planning mini social campaigns (eg: Asian Heritage Month, International Womens’ Day, Pride, etc.)
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual engagement and metrics reporting
- Participate in quarterly Core Team (operations team) meetings on overall content and business strategy and planning and other meetings as needed
- Time commitment is 5-10 hours/week; accessibility and/or responsiveness during the work day for timely engagement and responses is ideal
- Previous experience in social media coordination or management a necessity
- Proven track record of social growth and engagement Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Experience with project management and analytics reporting tools (we use Buffer, Facebook Business Manager, Asana, Link.tree, Google Analytics)
- Proficiency with WordPress, Google Analytics, Canva
- Experience with SEO, UTMs, email marketing for collaborative reasons
- Experience and enthusiasm for social media and content marketing
- Strong communication and planning skills
- Collaborative team player
- Creative problem solver
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com with your resume (or up to date LinkedIn profile link) and links to previous social accounts you’ve managed. We’ll set up a virtual call with any shortlisted candidates.
Shortlisted candidates may be asked to do a short assignment to understand suitability for the role and if the work is of interest to them.
Please note this is a volunteer opportunity. We are a remote team and are open to applicants across Canada and the U.S.
Making Asian American media
We believe that our stories matter – and we hope you do too. Support us with a monthly contribution to help ensure stories for us and by us are here to stay.